Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

The City of Portland, Oregon

Portland Water Bureau

From forest to faucet, we deliver the best drinking water in the world.

Customer Service: 503-823-7770


More Contact Info

Forest Service Update to Reflect Congressional Law

The Forest Service has proposed an administrative change for the Bull Run Watershed.

This administrative change would update the land use allocations in Bull Run to be consistent with legislation passed by Congress in 1996 and 2001 to prohibit timber harvest in the watershed. This administrative change would update the land use allocations in the Mt. Hood Land and Resource Management Plan (1990), as amended by the Northwest Forest Plan (1994). 

The change in timber harvest policy has already been made by Congress.  The administrative change to the Forest Plan is, however, open for public comment for 30 days, until August 10, 2015.

Sara Petrocine
Resource Protection & Planning



Please review our Code of Conduct rules before posting a comment to this site. Your comment will be visible to site administrators only.

Submit a Comment
Name (optional)
E-mail (optional)
 Remember Info Yes   No
Spam Prevention In the Pacific Northwest, what state is Portland in?