What to Expect During Construction
- Typical construction hours are 7a.m. to 6p.m., Monday through Friday, and with work taking place on Saturdays as needed. Occasional night work and traffic restrictions on SW Macadam Avenue and SW Nevada Avenue are expected throughout the project.
- Occasional construction may close the northbound and southbound lanes of SW Macadam Avenue to one lane. Expect delays and potential detours.
- Businesses and residents near the project may experience occasional low water pressure and interrupted water service during construction. Crews will notify all affected properties whenever possible.
- There may be sidewalk closures during work near the intersections at SW Nevada Street and Macadam Avenue.
- There will be periods of inactivity.
- On-street parking on SW Nevada Street may be prohibited periodically where marked along the street.
- There will be temporary trail, bike path, and entrance closures in Willamette Park.
- Equipment and materials may be stored in the work area and on nearby streets overnight. Expect limited parking.
- The contractor will maintain local access to homes and businesses on SW Nevada Street and near the intersection of SW Macadam Avenue.
- There are numerous projects in the area that could also cause traffic disruptions:
- For more information on traffic shifts and delays related to the Sellwood Bridge project, visit: http://www.sellwoodbridge.org
- You may notice an odor periodically which is related to pipe lining for the Environmental Services sewer repair project on SW Virginia Avenue and SW Taylor’s Ferry. For more information, visit: http://www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/67751
- For more information about pipe lining, visit: http://www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/pipelining
Let us know if you have concerns such as business operations or deliveries, access for people with disabilities, or medical deliveries.To receive e-mail updates for this project, send an email to Sam Beresky: firstname.lastname@example.org