The Portland Water Bureau will be conducting night work at the intersection of East Burnside Street and Southeast 82nd Avenue on Thursday, December 10, from 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. and again from Tuesday, December 15, through Thursday, December 17.
Local residents can expect construction noise during these hours. Traffic controls will be in place detouring traffic around the construction site:
E. Burnside traveling Westbound:
* Westbound traffic will be detoured south to SE Stark Street via SE 99thAvenue and then back to Burnside via SE 82nd Avenue.
E. Burnside traveling Eastbound:
* Eastbound traffic will be detoured north to NE Glisan Street via NE 82nd Avenue.
* Secondary Detour (for traffic wanting to turn onto E Burnside from SE 82nd Avenue)
SE 82nd Avenue traveling Northbound wanting to go east on E Burnside:
* Follow the eastbound Burnside detour up to Glisan Street.
SE 82nd Avenue traveling Southbound wanting to go east on E Burnside:
* Southbound detour shall direct traffic to turn right onto SE Stark Street, then three subsequent lefts onto SE 81st Avenue, SE Washington Street, and finally SE 99th Avenue.
Portland Water Bureau crews will install water mains and relocate one hydrant over the next week. The work is required to be performed in advance of an Oregon Department of Transportation street improvement project. Some of the work is required to take place overnight in order to decrease traffic impacts.
GENERAL INFORMATION: 503-823-7404
1120 SW Fifth Ave, Suite 600, Portland, OR 97204