We Can Help with Your Bill Between July 1, 2016 and June 30, 2017, eligible single-family residential accounts may receive a discount of $50.70 on the water portion of their bill and $91.34 on their sewer/stormwater management charges, for a total of $142.04 on a 90-day bill. Eligible sewer-only accounts may receive a discount of $79.99 on a 60-day bill. Discounts for in▼come-eligible households are established each fiscal year by the Portland City Council.
Income Eligibility Requirements
Note that income guidelines will change as of October 2017. For each additional person, add $109.00 to monthly income. Gross monthly household income determines eligibility.
|FAMILY SIZE||MONTHLY INCOME|
|1 person||Under $1,886|
|2 people||Under $2,466|
|3 people||Under $3,046|
|4 people||Under $3,626|
|5 people||Under $4,206|
|6 people||Under $4,786|
|7 people||Under $4,895|
|8 people||Under $5,003|
Who Is Eligible?
- Customers responsible for paying a City of Portland single family residential sewer/stormwater/water bill who occupy the property may be eligible for financial assistance.
How Does a Customer Establish Eligibility?
If your household income is at or below the 60% state median income, contact the Community Service Center in your area to make an appointment to establish eligibility (see below table for agencies).
To apply directly through the Water Bureau. Print and fill out both the following documents (viewable and printable by PDF). Or request documents to be mailed to you from Customer Service at (503) 823-7770 or email@example.com
Financial Assistance Application - Complete and list all gross household income for last 30 days and provide income documentation.
Approved Income Documentation - Examples of valid income.
Portland Water Bureau, Customer Service
Attn: Financial Assistance Program
1120 SW 5th Ave Room 600
Portland OR 97204
|Northeast & North Portland||Northwest, Southwest, & Downtown Portland||Southeast Portland||Outer East County|
|IRCO - Africa House
631 NE 102nd Ave.
| Impact Northwest
10055 E. Burnside St.
|Human Solutions Inc.
12350 SE Powell Blvd.
138 NE Third Ave., Ste 140 Gresham, OR 503-669-8350
|IRCO - Asian Family Services
8040 NE Sandy Blvd.
| Impact Northwest 10055 E. Burnside St.
|SEI Community Services
4803 NE 7th Ave.
|Native American Youth and Family Center
5135 NE Columbia Blvd. 503-288-8177
- Additional Discounts for stormwater management may be available through the Bureau of Environmental Services' Clean River Rewards Program.
- Contact Customer Service for more information.
- Contact 211info at 503-222-5555 or visit http://211info.org/ for information about other social service resources in your community.
- Click here for link to Financial Assistance brochure.