AT-A-GLANCE: APRIL - AUGUST 2016
|Tree Pruning / Inspection||Within project site, around the reservoirs, along SW Sacajawea Blvd, SW Lewis Clark Way, & SW Madison Ct|
|Miscellaneous Site Work||Inside Portland Water Bureau fencing|
|Construction Fence Installation||Project site|
|Placement of Mobile Field Offices||Project site, below Reservoir 4|
|Vegetation / Tree Removal||Around the reservoirs, by SW Sacajawea and Sherwood Blvds|
|Erosion Control||Project site|
|Remove Steel Grillage, Fencing||Project site|
|Remove Weir Building||East of Reservoir 3|
The project will span eight years; the first two years will trigger the most significant impacts to traffic, transportation, and parking in the park.
Park users are encouraged to travel to and move safely around the park and its attractions by using the bus and light rail, walking, biking and skating, and taking the free park shuttle. Visit http://TriMet.org and www.ExploreWashingtonPark.org for transit options.
Following is a description of upcoming project work and impacts spanning now until August 2016.
April – May 2016
Vegetation and trees will be removed below Reservoir 4 near the pump station facilities and adjacent to SW Jefferson Street. All work will occur within the project site. Selective tree pruning and inspection will also occur within the project site, around the reservoirs, and along SW Sacajawea Boulevard, SW Lewis Clark Way, and SW Madison Court.
- Traffic Slowing: Travelers are encouraged to exercise caution and drive slowly around tree pruning work areas on SW Sacajawea Boulevard, SW Lewis Clark Way, and SW Madison Court. Pruning will occur intermittently Monday through Friday, between 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
May - August 2016
Early site preparation work will occur, including construction fence installation, placement of mobile field offices, tree/vegetation clearing, and erosion control.
- Traffic Delays: Travelers may experience intermittent traffic flow delays up to 20 minutes on SW Sacajawea and SW Sherwood Boulevards due to pre-construction maintenance and removal of vegetation and trees in and around the project site.
- Parking: All parking will remain open on SW Lewis Clark Way and SW Sacajawea and SW Sherwood Boulevards.
- Park Facilities: All park facilities will remain open.
- TriMet Bus Service: TriMet Bus Line 63 may have minor delays. Stop ID 6177 at SW Sacajawea/ Sherwood may be intermittently affected depending on pre-construction activity. Check TriMet.org for real time updates.
KEEPING YOU UP-TO-DATE
To contact us with questions or concerns or to change your preferences on how to receive project updates: