This week, Portland is expected to experience record-breaking high temperatures in the high 80s, low 90s. The Portland Water Bureau encourages Portlanders to stay hydrated and keep your body temperature down during the heat.
Tips to Stay Hydrated
- Keep a bottle of water with you during the day. Consider carrying a reusable water bottle and filling it from the tap with Bull Run water rather than purchasing bottled water, which is expensive and creates plastic bottle waste.
- If plain water does not interest you, try adding a slice of lemon or lime to your drink.
- If you’re going to be exercising, make sure you drink water before, during, and after your workout.
- Start and end your day with a glass of Bull Run water.
- Drink on a schedule if you have trouble remembering to drink water. For example, drink water when you wake up; at breakfast, lunch and dinner; and when you go to bed. Or drink a small glass of water at the top of each hour.
- Drink water when you go to a restaurant. Not only does it keep you hydrated, but it’s free!