What time of year do you offer field trips?
We offer field trips in May, June, September, and October.
How long is the field trip?
Please plan to spend a full school day with us (6-7 hours). Here's a sample schedule.
How do we get there?
Please work with us to schedule a school bus. Different districts will do this differently; please contact Briggy Thomas to discuss (503-823-7407 or email@example.com).
Can we carpool?
No. Because of strict water quality protection in the Bull Run Watershed, private vehicles are not allowed.
Can two classes go on the same day?
Our space and activities work best for one class (25-30 students) and 7 adults (teachers and chaperones). If you have fewer than 15 or more than 35 students, please contact Briggy Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-823-7407).
How much does it cost?
The field trip itself is free; schools are responsible for the cost of transportation. If transportation costs present a challenge for your school, please contact Briggy Thomas (email@example.com or 503-823-7407).
How do I sign up?
For more information, or to request a field trip, please contact Briggy Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org, 503-823-7407).
What does our class need to bring?
- Waiver forms. All participants (students, chaperones, and teachers) need to bring a signed waiver form. All adults also need to show photo identification.
- Lunch. Please make sure all students and all adults have a lunch.
- Clothing in layers and shoes you can comfortably walk in. Weather in the watershed can be cooler and wetter than in Portland, so please plan accordingly.
- Water. We encourage students to bring reusable water bottles whenever possible.
- Any medication your school asks you to bring on a remote field trip (students' EpiPens, inhalers, etc.).
- Nametags, if it's practical. Please avoid sticker nametags--lanyards or pins are great.
I'm not a teacher, but I'd like to see Bull Run! Can I go? Yes! We also offer Bull Run tours in the summer and fall for anyone who wants to sign up as an individual or with a small group.