Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

The City of Portland, Oregon

Portland Water Bureau

From forest to faucet, we deliver the best drinking water in the world.

Customer Service: 503-823-7770


More Contact Info

Be Our Eyes and Ears by Reporting Road Hazards

The Portland Water Bureau wants to encourage cyclists and all commuters to be aware of hazardous conditions along their preferred route. 

Cyclists, along with motorists and pedestrians, can all help the Water Bureau and other City bureaus address any hazards they may see by contacting the appropriate City bureau to report it.

If you have an iPhone or Android, you are encouraged to download and utilize the “City of Portland PDX Reporter” application to notify the City of Portland of problems or issues with publicly maintained infrastructure. To learn more, click here.

  • Leaking Hydrant: A leaking hydrant can cause a cyclist or pedestrian to take a fall. To report a hydrant hazard, please contact the Portland Water Bureau at 503-823-4874 and report the location.
  • Water Main Break: A broken water main can cause flooding and impacts road conditions. Please contact the Portland Water Bureau at 503-823-4874 and report the location.
  • Missing or Cracked Water Valve and Vault Covers: Theft of metal lids is a problem. Contact the Portland Water Bureau’s Water Line at 503-823-7525 to report any missing or broken water valve or cover. Please provide the street location and nearest cross street or block address.
  • Potholes: To report a pothole within the City’s jurisdiction, call PBOT at 503-823-BUMP (2867) and leave a message with the following information: street location, nearest cross street or block address, your name, and a phone number.
  • Traffic/Street Light Malfunctions: Report to PBOT a street light outage at 503-865-LAMP (5267) or online.
  • Catch Basins: To lessen street flooding, residents and property managers are asked to help clean the inlets and catch basins (grated storm drains) in front of their properties. If you cannot clear a clogged catch basin yourself, notify PBOT that help is needed by contacting 503-823-1700.
  • Sinkhole: To report a sinkhole within the City of Portland, contact PBOT at 503-823-1700.

Debris, Mud, Rocks, and Fallen Trees and Branches: Contact PBOT at 503-823-1700 to report debris that is blocking a road or sidewalk.

The Portland Water Bureau’s Maintenance and Construction group quickly addresses issues reported to us such as this missing water valve cover in a bike lane.