How are you using water to have fun and get things done this summer?
Water plays a big part in our everyday lives. From the first glass of water we drink in the morning to the shower we take before going to bed, water is as important to us as the air we breathe.
Grab your smartphone or your cameras, because it’s time to show your love for Portland’s water!
We’re calling all gardeners, sprinkler-runners, pool loungers, and weekend water warriors to share your photos of how you live, play, and work with water.
Your kids. Grandkids. Neighbor’s kids. Portland families have a special relationship with water. Whether we’re exploring the Gorge, washing the dog, watering the lawn, or having lunch at a downtown fountain, we’re surrounded by water.
From now until Sept. 5, share your water adventures – at home and at work – with us on Facebook and Twitter! We’ll re-share your best submissions, plus each week one lucky photog will win a free, reusable water bottle to tote your tasty tap water wherever you go.
How to Submit a Photo
Send your photos to us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/portlandwaterbureau or on Twitter at http://twitter.com/portlandwater. We’ll retweet and re-post the best of the best to our audience of aquaphiles.
Photos can also be emailed to email@example.com.
Win a Free Reusable Water Bottle
Each week, a winning photo will be selected to receive a free Portland Water Bureau reusable water bottle! Each water bottle is printed with a custom-designed message that proudly displays your love of Portland’s tap water.
When to Enter
The contest will run for two weeks, from August 22 to September 5.
For official rules, see below.
1. Entrants submitting photographs for the contest must be a Portland Water Bureau customer. You find out if you are a Portland Water Bureau customer by using the “Find My Water Provider” tool at http://www.portlandoregon.gov/water.
2. Entries must be your original work.
3. Entries must be submitted by 11:59 PM the day before the weekly winner announcement date (below).
4. Each entry should contain the following information:
- Title of photograph
- Name of photographer (first and last)
- A short (1-2 sentence) description of the photograph
- Entrant’s contact information (telephone number, e-mail address)
5. Only one entry per week per person is allowed.
6. One winner will be selected each week. Each week’s winner will be announced on the following dates:
- August 30
- September 6
Winners will be announced on the Portland Water Bureau Facebook page and Twitter account at the above announcement dates. Contest winners will be notified by email.
7. Winners will receive a reusable water bottle. Arrangements will be made via email for pick up.
8. Entries will be judged by the Portland Water Bureau Communications staff. Entries will be judged on creativity and the quality of the image. All decisions of the judges are final. The contest organizers reserve the right to disqualify entries which do not conform to the stated contest rules and criteria.
9. Photos will be displayed on the Portland Water Bureau website, Facebook fan page, and on the Twitter account. Select photos will be used in future Portland Water Bureau promotional materials.
10. Entries may not contain the following: alcohol, drugs, or any kind of illegal or inappropriate behavior. Entries that contain any inappropriate material will be disqualified.
11. By submitting an entry, entrants are agreeing to grant the Portland Water Bureau the absolute and irrevocable right and permission to use, re-use, publish, and re-publish the photographs in displays related to the contest; in Portland Water Bureau printed and electronic publications and in conjunction with any copyrighted matter, in any and all media now or hereafter known for illustration, promotion, art, advertising and trade, news, informational and educational purposes and to copyright the same, under its original name or otherwise. The contest entrant thereby releases and discharges the Portland Water Bureau from any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with the use of the photos, including without limitation any and all claims for invasion of privacy.