The Portland Water Bureau’s Improved Corrosion Control Treatment schedule was approved by the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) in 2017.
- Water Quality Corrosion Study: The study to determine the main causes of lead in Portland’s water system was completed in April 2017.
- Submit recommendations to OHA: The results of the study were reviewed, and consultations with OHA resulted in recommendations for further treatment to Portland City Council in June 2017.
- Corrosion Control Treatment Pilot Study: The study evaluated the different treatment potentials and was the first step to implementing improved corrosion control. It was completed in July 2018 and submitted to OHA for approval.
- Corrosion Control Treatment Facility Design: The design for a new treatment facility began in July 2018.
- Corrosion Control Treatment Facility plans: The plans will be submitted to OHA for review by April 2020.
- Corrosion Control Treatment Facility Construction: Construction will begin by August 2020 and will be complete by April 2022
This schedule outlines the actions the bureau will take to have improved corrosion control treatment in place. Timeline of Improved Corrosion Control Treatment Schedule