The Portland Water Bureau is repairing a water main (pipe) on SE Holgate Boulevard where it crosses the Interstate 205 freeway. To access the water pipe, crews will narrow the eastbound traffic lane on Holgate.
The structures that hold the pipe in place are aging and have a high risk of failure. We have shut off the water being carried along this section of pipe to prevent a leak. Once we have completed this work, we will be able to use the pipe again.
SE Holgate Boulevard from SE 92nd Avenue to SE 97th Avenue
Construction begins in January 2020 and is expected to be complete by summer 2020.
Work Hours: Monday-Saturday between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m.
What’s happening now
No homes or businesses will be out of service while the main is repaired.
To access the water pipe, crews will narrow the eastbound traffic lane on SE Holgate Boulevard.
- Vehicle lanes: East and westbound lanes on SE Holgate will remain open; however, the eastbound lane will be narrowed.
- Park & Ride and MAX: Access to the SE Holgate Boulevard Park & Ride and MAX Stop will remain open
- I-205 Multiuse Path: The Path, including the crossing at SE Holgate Boulevard will remain open.
- Bus: The TriMet bus stop on the south side of SE Holgate Boulevard at the Holgate MAX Station (Stop ID 13218) will be temporarily relocated 200 feet to the west.
- Bike: The eastbound bike path on Holgate will be closed. People on bicycles are encouraged to divert onto the sidewalk.
- Sidewalk: Sidewalks will remain open.
The traveling public is reminded to stay alert and use caution as traffic may suddenly slow or stop. To avoid traffic delays, motorists are encouraged to use alternate routes around the work site.
Supply and equipment delivery may require occasional lane closures. Please allow extra time when traveling through this area. Follow all signs and flagger directions to ensure everyone's safety.
Let us know if you have concerns as about business operations and deliveries, access needs or medical issues.
Questions? Katy Asher, 503-865-6054, or Katy.Asher@portlandoregon.gov.